Tinnitus Resource

Welcome to our tinnitus resource section, here you can find many things that may help you manage and learn about managing tinnitus.

In the UK around 1 in 10 people suffer with tinnitus. Tinnitus is a sound or multiple sounds that are heard in the ears or head that comes from an internal source.  Only 10% of which is a sound which can be heard by someone else (caused by muscle activity/blood flow near ear) the other 90% is perceived soley by the individual themselves. Tinnitus is not specific to one type of sound, people experience it differently from hissing, ringing, humming or buzzing sounds.

How tinnitus is managed is very individual, one particular method can work or using a mixture of coping strategies can also work. We have complied a tinnitus resource of five different sections to help those who have tinnitus.

Tinnitus Support Groups

The tinnitus support groups resource provides a map and list of all the tinnitus support groups across the UK supported by the British Tinnitus Association.

Tinnitus Advisor

The tinnitus advisor resource provides you with what to expect from a tinnitus advisor, how to access a tinnitus advisor and a map showing the distribution of tinnitus advisors across the UK

Tinnitus Hearing Aids

This resource discusses the benefits of using a hearing aid for relieving tinnitus when a hearing aid is already required. We look at extra tinnitus features added and also list the hearing aids that incorporate tinnitus relief.

Tinnitus Relief Apps

The tinnitus relief app resource looks at useful benefits of apps for tinnitus and provides you a list of apps that can be downloaded for smart phones or tablets to aid tinnitus relief.

Website Sound Generators

The website sound generator resource incorporates a number of websites that allow you to play sounds. music and background noises without needing to download anything.


Recommended Website Resources:

British Tinnitus Association

British Tinnitus Association is the most important resource when it comes to understanding tinnitus, having up to date research on tinnitus and the best management options available. 

Action on Hearing Loss

Action on Hearing Loss has a fantastic resource that explains what tinnitus is, what causes it, and what support is available to help you manage it. Aswell as management of tinnitus.


Quick Tips

Each hearing aid always comes with a user guide, if you have lost your user guide check out our user guide section to download it.